Due to school being closed today, the PTO meeting will be cancelled. Be safe and stay warm!
Our next meeting will be held Wednesday March 20th at 12:00 noon in the Davis Media Center.
The PTO is now accepting nominations for parent volunteers in the following roles for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Co-President (to serve as Co-President elect for 2019-2020 and President Elect for 2020-2021)
- Staff Appreciation Committee Members (help organize Staff Appreciation Luncheons [one in August and one in May] and two Parent/Teacher Conference Dinners)
- Community Outreach Committee Members (help organize the Fall Festival, Art Show, Socials)
- Fall Fundraiser Committee Members (help organize our annual fall fundraiser)
If you are interested in volunteering in one of these roles, would like to learn more, or know someone who may be interested, please contact Tiffany deSilva, Davis PTO president, at TiffanydeSilva76@gmail.com
Davis MS PTO – January 16, 2019, Meeting Minutes
12:00pm – Media Center
Attendees: Amy Starnes, Leanne Evans, Asch Mikhail, Jen Smialek, Tracey Deagle, Tiffany deSilva
Welcome – Tiffany deSilva
Principal’s Report – Tracey Deagle
- 8thgraders to visit Emerald Campus on 1/29.
- Crossing Borders Art Exhibit next week (January 22nd-25th). Will have artist reception, docents from Scioto, professionals will also speak on professions in art.
- 8thgrade students will have Career Day in spring. 7thGrade will have STEM Day. 6thGrade will have Community Day with professionals from local non-profits. Will learn about volunteer and professional opportunities.
Treasurer’s Report– Tiffany deSilva for Renea Dunmire
- Updates—No report, reviewed budget
Committee Reports – Committee Leaders—nothing to report from present committee leader.
President’s Report – Tiffany deSilva
- Review of Executive Board and Committee Leadership Status
- Opportunities for Volunteers
- PERC Rep: Jen Smialek agreed to split meetings with Leanne Evans
- Still looking for members join Staff Appreciation Committee (Staff Luncheons, Dinners) Soup Potluck on January 23rd and Luncheon for Teacher Appreciation Week in May. Alysce Craig has volunteered to join committee.
- Still looking for Community Outreach committee members for next year (Fall Festival, Art Show, Socials). Amy Starnes volunteered to join committee.
- Fall Fundraiser committee needed for next year—still need members. Tiffany deSilva brought up idea for “Dance-a-thon” type of fundraiser for the fall.
- Need nominations for Co-President for next year
- Please spread the word and let Tiffany deSilva know if you know someone who may be interested in any of these roles/committees above.
- January 21st NO SCHOOL, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 22-25th Columbus Crossing Borders Art Exhibit—Volunteers needed
- January 23rd Parent/Teacher Conferences and PTO Soup Potluck – 3:30PM-7PM
- February 1st Dance Club Deadline
- February 13th-March 8th Grant Request submission window opens
- February 18th NO SCHOOL, Presidents’ Day
- February 19th NO SCHOOL, Professional Development Day
- February 21st Parent/Teacher Conferences and CommUNITY night
- February 28th Incoming 6th grade student parent meeting 7-8pm
Meeting adjourned at 12:45 pm.
Our first round of winter Parent/Teacher conferences are coming up on January 23rd!
The PTO is sponsoring a soup potluck dinner to help nourish our teachers and staff throughout the evening.
If you would like to donate an item towards the meal or volunteer to help out, please sign up below. Thank you for your support!
SIGN UP HERE