The School Supply Kit sale for next school year (2019-20) is starting now!
These supply kits are a one-stop-shop for your kids’ supplies, very easy to order and helps you avoid long lines at a store. The kits are available for purchase (online only) from now through June 7th. The kits will only include items in the 6thand 7thgrade supply list.
There will be no 8thgrade kit and NOT electives (such as ELL, Reading Intervention, Foreign Language, Tech Solutions, etc). Parents will need to purchase these elective items on their own. 8thGrade student will be told what supplies are need during the first days of school. Similar to how supply list work at Dublin Scioto High School.
This year the sale is online only. Order online at www.shopttkits.com, use code 9625.
When you place your order, the school supplies (enclosed in a small cardboard box with your child’s name on it) will be delivered to the school, so there will be no need to carry a load of supplies to school since it will be conveniently delivered to the school. The kits will be available for pick-up on your student’s back to school walk-thru day in August. If the kit is not picked up on walk-thru day, it will be placed in your child’s homeroom class.
Thank you for your support and patience as we explore new ways to improve the PTO and volunteer services.
Please contact Leanne Evans (evansL6@att.net) with any questions.
Davis MS PTO
April 17, 2019, Meeting Minutes
12:00pm – Media Center
Attendees: Amy Starnes, Jennifer Talley, Asch Mikhail, Tracey Deagle, Tiffany deSilva
Minutes Approved: Asch Mikhail motioned to approve minutes. Jennifer Talley seconded.
Welcome – Tiffany deSilva
Principal’s Report – Tracey Deagle
- Updates: Will have ~364 incoming 6thgraders for 2019-2020 school year. T-shirts will be ordered with new class “exclusive” design. Community day on 5/2. Nonprofits will be speaking with 6thgraders regarding work/volunteer opportunities. Hands on activities planned.
Committee Reports – Committee Leaders
- Arts and Music Festival will be held 4/25. Students from Scioto helping out. Need a few more parents. Plenty of donations. Ordering pizza from Jets and sandwiches from Chic-Fil-A
- Walkathon will be held on 5/2. Counters need on 4/29 and 5/1 also.
- Staff/Teacher Appreciation (5/8). Ordering sandwiches for Jason’s Deli.
- 8thGrade Completion Celebration (May 23) Melissa Zimmerman is organizing donut breakfast. Will be in courtyard, weather permitting.
President’s Report – Tiffany deSilva
- Grants—We did not receive any requests from teachers/staff. Waiting to hear back from boy scouts regarding projects
- Review of Executive Board and Committee Leadership Status
- Board Member Elections Next Meeting (Tiffany Marr, Ginger Kockentiet)
- Opportunities for Volunteers—We need at least 2-3 more volunteers for each committee below:
- Fall Fundraiser (Jennifer Landrine)
- Staff Appeciation (Alysce Craig)
- Community Outreach (Amy Starnes)
- Sixth Grade Dance Club: Jennifer Landrine agreed to take on for next year.
- Organizing potential fundraiser with Barnes and Noble at the end of May
- Volunteer Appreciation next meeting
- Irish Way Scholarships will be presented on 4/24
- Upcoming events
- Dublin City Schools Family Night – April 18
- NO SCHOOL—April 19
- Arts & Music Festival – April 25 5-8pm
- Walkathon – May 2nd
- PTO Sponsored Staff Appreciation Luncheon – May 8
- Next Meeting- May 8
Meeting adjourned 12:58pm
Join us for our last PTO meeting of the year at Davis!
12 noon today in the media center.
We hope to see you there!
The Davis NJHS and PTO are sponsoring the 7th Annual Davis Walkathon “Walk for Wags” on Thursday May 2, 2019. In addition to raising funds to benefit the Davis Community, NJHS will be donating a portion of the proceeds to the Franklin County Humane Society.
As our students are walking to raise money for a great cause, we could use your help counting money raised on collection dates.
If you are interested in volunteering to help, please sign up below:
Thank you for your support!