Join us for our October Davis PTO Meeting THIS WEEK!
Wednesday October 16th at 12:00 noon
Davis MS PTO Meeting Minutes
September 25, 2019 7:00 pm
Attendees: Natalie Rich, Clifford Rich, Ginger Kockentiet, Asch Mikhail, Ann Perez, Jason Snyder, Tiffany Marr, Tiffany deSilva, Tisha Rinker, Julie Felts, Noreen Marando
Principal’s Report—Ann Perez
- We have 1044 students in the building which creates some space challenges and hallway congestion. We continue to look for ways to mitigate these challenges. Counselors have done a great job of balancing the classrooms to be at 27 or below.
- We have a many student opportunities at Davis that many people are not aware:
- Junior Teen Institute (feeds into Teen Institute at Scioto)
- National Junior Honor Society (only middle school in the district to have a NJHS chapter)
- Girls Who Code Club
- Davis Difference (6th graders celebrating learning differences)
- Yearbook Club
- Math Counts (competition club)
- Davis Singers
- Drama Club
- Davis Alliance (gender identity and fitting in)
- The Rox (Ruling our Experiences)
- Power of the Pen (7th and 8th graders)
- Irish Way Advisory (student voice in the building)
- Dublin Food Pantry and Our Own Davis Food Pantry (to discretely provide nourishment to food insecure kids over the weekends)
- Fiddle Fusion
Secretary’s Report—Noreen Marando
- Noreen presented the minutes from the August meeting. Natlie Rich made a motion to approve the minutes. Clifford Rich seconded the motion. All were in favor.
Treasurer’s Report—Asch Mikhail, Ginger Kockentiet
- Current balances:
- Checking $19,781.14
- Savings $31,422.93
- Review of 2019/20 budget items / updates
President’s Report – Tiffany deSilva
- Review of Executive Board and Committee Leadership Status. We have some committee positions that will need to be filled next year (current volunteer will no longer have a student at Davis.). Tiffany and Tiffany to work on a descriptive list of positions to post to the website. Annual Fall Fundraiser
- Fall Fundraiser/Dance-a-thon update:
- 29% participation as of the date of the meeting
- $19,457 raised to date
- Last day for donations is October 4th
- 99Pledges – the online donation tool – will take 10% of online donations as their fee (this was the best / most convenient tool)
- Outreach and Engagement
- Fall Festival is set for October 24th. We will need volunteers – look for a signup.
- Meet and Greet Spirit Wear Winner – Zaria was the winner guessing 363 candies (the correct amount was 362!)
- No School—October 11
- PTO Meeting—October 16 Noon
- Fall Festival – October 24
- Parent Teacher Conferences/PTO Sponsored Dinner – October 30
The meeting was adjourned at 8:05
Our first Dance for Davis Dance-a-thon was a success! Students had a great time and we raised over $20,600 to help support many wonderful programs at Davis!
These funds will go towards the Davis Athletics program, scholarships, and so much more!
Join us to hear from our new Principal Dr. Ann Perez!
7:00 pm tonight (Wednesday, September 25th)