• Watch the latest podcast from Dr. Hoadley at this link:http://www.dublinschools.net/superintendentspodcast.aspx. Topics include: the facilities task force work, State of the Schools, and next week’s Harlem Wizards vs. The Dublin Dunkers event.
• You’re invited to State of the Schools on Feb. 10 at the Dublin Community Recreation Center in the Abbey Theater from 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
• A Dublin City Schools Performing Arts Calendar is now available at this link: http://www.dublinschools.net/performingarts.aspx.
• ATTENTION MIDDLE SCHOOL PARENTS: Learn more about the Dublin Chamber of Commerce iCare… iServe… iLead: Youth Leadership Summer Day Camp for middle schools students at this link: http://business.dublinchamber.org/events/details/icare-iserve-ilead-youth-leadership-program-summer-day-camp-2015-registration-deadline-1864 This summer day camp is expected to sell out quickly, so register today online.
• Winter weather procedures are available at this link: http://www.dublinschools.net/winterweather.aspx.
• The Harlem Wizards visit Scioto, taking on our very own Dublin Dunkers on Feb. 11 at 7 p.m. Tickets are available online atwww.harlemwizards.com
• Continuous improvement is a major focus within Dublin City Schools and over the last 18 months, we have really focused upon instructional technology. Click this link to read about the strides we’ve made in technology.
• Dublin City Schools has partnered with Syntero, Inc. to offer a 3 part parent series entitled “Balancing Act”. The presentations focus on a particular aspect of adolescent development and ways to support young people through this journey. Parents of all adolescents, middle through high school, are welcome.The third and final presentation will be held on Thursday, Feb. 12 from 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at Coffman High School in the Performing Arts Center.
Healthy Choices, Healthy Futures
Learn about local (PPAAUS) and national trends related to alcohol, tobacco, and other drug (ATOD) use among our youth. Understand what factors put our youth at risk for use and what we, as a community, can do to strengthen protective factors to prevent or delay the onset of using substances.
• The Willis Clan returns to Scioto on Feb. 27. Tickets are available at: www.ShowTix4U.com
• The District-wide Dodgeball Tournament is March 27 at 7 p.m. at Scioto.
• The Summer Job Fair for students takes place March 28, 9 a.m.-noon at Jerome.
Businesses wishing to participate in the job fair may RSVP at this link: http://ow.ly/HmMIk
• Celebrate Riverside’s 30th anniversary on April 16. 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
• View the District’s new “Quality Profile” at this link: http://www.dublinschools.net/qualityprofile.aspx.