If you couldn’t make the August PTO meeting, we missed you! But to keep you in the loop, take a read through the meeting minutes below:
Davis MS PTO Meeting Minutes
August 22, 2018 12:00 pm
Tracey Deagle, Tiffany deSilva, Renea Dunmire, Noreen Marando, Leanne Evans, Amy Starnes, Christina Goodwin, Asch Mikhail, Jennifer Talley, Ashley Oliver
Principal’s Report – Tracey Deagle
- Deagle shared very positive State test data improvement.
- All students improved in English Language Arts and Math State tests.
- Deagle shared this data along with improved discipline data with the students during the second week of school. The kids were very proud of hearing of their success and improvement!
- MAP data – Language Arts and Math – every student on average exceeded their anticipated growth over the course of last year.
- 8thGrade students will take the PSAT in the spring.
Treasurer’s Report– Renea Dunmire
- Budget for 2018-2019 school year presented. In addition Renee presented the Performance to Budget for last year.
- There are not dances in middle school – trying to do more during the day where all students can participate. We would have at most 30% in attendance. We also wanted to incorporate more family / community activities (Fall Festival / Art Show)
- 6thgrade trip is being replaced with 3 daytime field trips.
Committee Reports – Committee Leaders
- Hospitality – back to school luncheon went very well. Teachers were very grateful!
President’s Report – Tiffany deSilva
- Annual Fundraiser
- Savings Book fundraiser goes to athletics, performance and related arts.
- Kicks of August 31st. Kids will bring home coupon books to sell. Goal is for every child to sell 20 books. Savings Book fundraiser goes to Athletics, Performance Arts, Related Arts.
- We need volunteers for collection days Sept 10th, 12th, 14th, 17th. A signup genius will be sent out and posted to the PTO blow – dmspto.org.
- Ongoing fundraisers
- Boxtops (students give to home room teacher). Be sure to download app for bonus box tops.
- Kroger rewards – new ID.Email will be sent out.
- Giant Eagle.
- Review of Executive Board and Committee Leadership Status – Open positions discussed:
- Co treasurer – Asch volunteered
- Co president
- Academic boosters – creating flyer to send home to students that have met a certain GPA – collect the forms, order signs
- Staff Appreciation – parent teacher conference dinners, lunches at beginning and end of the school year
- Community Outreach Coordinator – organization of Fall Festival and Art Show related activities
- Library coordinator – need volunteers
- Store volunteers
- 6thgrade dance club
- Fundraising committee – to look forward to next year
- Spaghetti dinner – people that can get donations for the silent auction
- Upcoming events
- Open House – August 29 Cookies set up in the media center
- Fundraiser Kick-off – August 31
- Other / Open to the Floor
- Noreen Marando encouraged people to learn more about the upcoming Levy for Dublin City Schools by visiting the District website and visiting ForDublinSchools.org.