The PTO needs your help in filling the following open PTO Board and Committee positions. If you are interested in any of the positions below or have questions, please contact our PTO President, Tiffany deSilva, at email@example.com.
Davis Middle School
Open Board/Committee Positions and Job Descriptions
- Serve as Vice-President and act as an aide to the President or Co-Presidents.
- The following year this person or persons shall serve as President or Co-Presidents.
- Preside in the absence of the President or Co-Presidents.
- Handle newspaper publicity for the organization
- Coordinate activities with community service organizations as approved by the PTO board.
- Serve as parliamentarian, coordinating any updates to the by-laws and standing rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President or Co-Presidents.
- Collect order forms
- Order academic Davis Scholar Signs
Staff Appreciation Committee
- Coordinates Parent Teacher Conference Dinners (November and January)
- Coordinates Staff Appreciation Luncheons (August and May)
PERC (Parents Encouraging Responsible Choices) Representative
- Help plan PERC events
- Meet on the 3rdWednesday of each month at 9:30 am at the Dublin Administration Building
Community Outreach Committee
- Coordinates activities and event sales for Fall Festival in October
- Coordinates activities and event sales for Arts and Music Festival in April
- Coordinates cookie socials for open house in August and selected concert dates
Fall Fundraiser Committee
- Choose fall fundraiser
- Coordinate prep for fall fundraiser
- Coordinate kick-off
- Coordinate collection of funds raised
- Coordinate payout of prize incentives
- Two member-at-large appointments begin in February
- The nominating committee shall select one nominee fore each position of the Executive Committee to be filled
- Committee provides updates at all future general meetings prior to election in May.