Davis MS PTO
April 17, 2019, Meeting Minutes
12:00pm – Media Center
Attendees: Amy Starnes, Jennifer Talley, Asch Mikhail, Tracey Deagle, Tiffany deSilva
Minutes Approved: Asch Mikhail motioned to approve minutes. Jennifer Talley seconded.
Welcome – Tiffany deSilva
Principal’s Report – Tracey Deagle
- Updates: Will have ~364 incoming 6thgraders for 2019-2020 school year. T-shirts will be ordered with new class “exclusive” design. Community day on 5/2. Nonprofits will be speaking with 6thgraders regarding work/volunteer opportunities. Hands on activities planned.
Committee Reports – Committee Leaders
- Arts and Music Festival will be held 4/25. Students from Scioto helping out. Need a few more parents. Plenty of donations. Ordering pizza from Jets and sandwiches from Chic-Fil-A
- Walkathon will be held on 5/2. Counters need on 4/29 and 5/1 also.
- Staff/Teacher Appreciation (5/8). Ordering sandwiches for Jason’s Deli.
- 8thGrade Completion Celebration (May 23) Melissa Zimmerman is organizing donut breakfast. Will be in courtyard, weather permitting.
President’s Report – Tiffany deSilva
- Grants—We did not receive any requests from teachers/staff. Waiting to hear back from boy scouts regarding projects
- Review of Executive Board and Committee Leadership Status
- Board Member Elections Next Meeting (Tiffany Marr, Ginger Kockentiet)
- Opportunities for Volunteers—We need at least 2-3 more volunteers for each committee below:
- Fall Fundraiser (Jennifer Landrine)
- Staff Appeciation (Alysce Craig)
- Community Outreach (Amy Starnes)
- Sixth Grade Dance Club: Jennifer Landrine agreed to take on for next year.
- Organizing potential fundraiser with Barnes and Noble at the end of May
- Volunteer Appreciation next meeting
- Irish Way Scholarships will be presented on 4/24
- Upcoming events
- Dublin City Schools Family Night – April 18
- NO SCHOOL—April 19
- Arts & Music Festival – April 25 5-8pm
- Walkathon – May 2nd
- PTO Sponsored Staff Appreciation Luncheon – May 8
- Next Meeting- May 8
Meeting adjourned 12:58pm