Davis MS PTO Meeting Minutes – August 23, 2019 12:00 pm
Erika Berner, Amy Starnes, Leanne Evans, Tiffany deSilva, Natalie Rich, Christina Goodwin, Jennifer Talley, Marty Assmann, Jason Snyder, Ann Perez, Ginger Kockentiet, Asch Mikhail, Noreen Marando
Principal’s Report – Ann Perez
- Davis is home to 1044 students this year which is higher than expected.Counselors are working to balance out classroom sizes.
- Perez and the Assistant Principals have met with each class. Dr. Perez shared her motto with the kids – “Respect Yourself; Respect Others; Respect Your Shared Environment” – this ties in nicely with the Irish Way
- The staff is working on helping our 6thgraders with any lunch room anxiety. The lunch room is very full. The courtyard is open for lunch use. Looking at ways to incorporate the stage area to highlight students living the Irish Way. Also looking into adding in Wireless Wednesdays.
- Perez highlighted the upcoming Taiko drumming concert.
- Snyder mentioned the upcoming Fall Festival on October 24th. PTO will be asked to run concessions.
- Snyder shared that they are looking for ways to tie in service work for in school suspension students – working at the Dublin Food Pantry on Monday’s after school. This may open up to any interested students in the future.
Secretary’s Report – Noreen Marando
- No minutes to review and approve.
- Be sure to follow the PTO blog at DMSPTO.org and Facebook.
- Noreen will send links to Dr. Perez for Weekly Wednesday
Treasurer’s Report – Ginger Kockentiet and Asch Mikhail
- Davis PTO Checking Balance is $12,848.37; Savings Balance is $31,422.93.We must keep a combined balance of $25,000 to avoid fees. Group discussed potentially moving to an institution that would not have fees. At this point, the group agreed to wait until having a $25,000 balance was an issue.
- Budget for 2019-2020 school year presented. Christina Goodwin made a motion to approve the budget. Amy Starnes seconded the motion. All were in favor.
- Ginger will send budget to Noreen to post to the PTO blog.
- The PTO currently has 2 credit card readers for events. The treasurers will get 2 more to ensure we have enough for the Spaghetti Dinner.
- Noreen will send details on Kroger and Amazon donation methods to Dr. Perez for the Weekly Wednesday.
Committee Reports – Committee Leaders
- Tiffany reviewed the list of committee leaders and openings.
- Leanne Evans and Jennifer Talley agreed to share the PERC Representative position.
- Leanne Evans mentioned that she had lots of questions over the summer regarding school supplies and the change for 8thgraders not having pre-made kits.
President’s Report – Tiffany deSilva
- PTO will have tables in the Media Center at the Open House with information and refreshments.
- Fall Fundraiser – Dance a Thon
- Volunteer sign up will be sent out.
- Dance a Thon will take place last hour of the day on 9/18, 9/19 and 9/20. Each grade level will have a modified schedule.
- Upcoming events
- Open House – August 22
- Fundraiser Kick-off – September 3
- Next PTO Meeting – September 25th7:00 PM
Meeting Adjourned 1:15 pm