ONLY ONE WEEK REMAINS – donate to the “Better Together Fundraiser”! Use these super easy platforms to make a donation today: 99PLEDGES or SQUARE! We truly appreciate your generosity!
Enjoy a few fun facts about Davis Middle School’s Namesake:
“THE” Ann Simpson Davis!
- Born in Buckingham Township, Pennsylvania on December 29, 1764
- A cousin of General Grant’s mother
- An accomplished horsewoman
- Hand picked by General Washington, at 16 years old, to carry messages from him to his generals while in eastern Pennsylvania
- Received a letter of commendation from the General thanking her for her services
- Ann Simpson and her husband John Davis were childhood friends and married on June 26, 1783 at Ann’s parents’ home
- In 1816, John and Ann moved to Ohio to claim land received for revolutionary services. After staying with a friend for 18 months, they settled in Perry Township, Franklin County.
- Ann and John’s brick home, located on the eastbank of the Scioto river, one mile south of Dublin, stood until 1977 when it was demolished to make way for a new development.
- Today, Ann and John lay side-by-side underneath a double marker in the Davis Historical Cemetery on Riverside Drive.
-Thank you, Dublin City Schools, for providing these facts!